Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Gameplay Stories and Aging Off

Doing a gameplay story is such a blast after doing a pre-scripted story!

It's fun to be able to play and write at the same time.

Just so y'all know, I'm playing Whistle with aging off. I feel too rushed if I leave it on. I like to take the time to get to know my sims. Plus, with aging off, I can put them in situations that take a long time to play out.

They'll be following their own realistic calender, too. For example, the Saturday that starts off the story is September 27. I'll try to think of a way to work it so that the current sim-date is more obvious.

I hope no one was feeling overly anxious to see what Marcus would look like as a child. :-O

11 comments:

  1. Just out of idle curiosity, what made you go with Blogger this time around?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am a blog n00b. I thought I'd try Blogger out and see if I liked it better than Wordpress. So far, they are about equal in my book. But I gotta do something about the massive font in my headers. Argh!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Are you able to modify your template code? Your h1 is set to 400% - I would maybe try 200% or 250%.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much, Laura! Once you mentioned "h1", I knew what to look for and managed to change it. Thanks!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. No prob! Hubby does web design for a living, so that's the only reason I knew ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I DID REALLY REALLY REALLY WANNA SEE WHAT MARCUS'LL LOOK LIKE A CHILD!!!! Hrmpph! Oh well it seems fair because the stories are going really well! I'm dying to read more! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOL Just for you, Una, I'll InSim him into a child temporarily and post a pic here. 'Cause I'm kinda curious, too. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have a question about the aging off cheat and you seem like the gal to ask-

    If I used aging off, would I still be able to set a sim's age to birthday using testingcheatsenabled?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yes, but it would have no effect. When aging is off, it's OFF. So, it might be two days to a Sim's birthday, but since they don't age on either of those days, they will stay at two days till birthday forever.

    If I wanted a Sim to have a birthday that changed her appearance (like from adult to elder), I'd keep aging off and use InSim to change her to elder manually.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Geez there's so much that I didn't even know could be done with Insim. I haven't had it for long. *rubs chin thoughtfully* I need to explore that hack.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I refuse to play without InSim. I would give up every piece of custom content and every other hack in the world first.

    ReplyDelete